International Surrey Football is seeking a Community Engagement Liaison (CEL) to lead ISF’s community goals and help support Surrey’s role in promoting football participation through existing and new programmes and organisations as well as creating links with other non-FIFA teams, and building and developing on existing links with Merrist Wood College and raising our profile locally within the county, either through our direct involvement or by the use of our name and branding.
You’ll be tasked with building International Surrey Football’s presence in the local community, targeting local football development programmes, youth teams, female players and BAME projects to encourage greater football participation and raise the profile and awareness of ISF in the local community.
How this may be done is at the discretion of the CEO but may include running programmes and projects with new or existing partners, introducing and associating the ISF name and brand with existing organisations, or developing our own projects run directly by ISF to reach these goals.
The role is voluntary and may require travel across Surrey to meet with potential and existing clients as well as participating in public awareness events, however, you’ll have control to negotiate time and dates for all engagements and be responsible for managing your own engagements.
The role will be voluntary (as are all ISF positions) and will likely require travel to meet and interact with partners and community groups, and travel to and around Surrey may be required. Travel expenses may be discussed based on job performance.
An applicant will have;
- Experience coordinating and administering community programmes and projects, preferably within a sports or youth focused organisation.
- Experience working with young people and hard to reach communities, building relationships to get these audiences to engage.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, demonstrated through a wide range of experience presenting to different audiences, teaching and delivering learning in different formats.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide range of community partners, including existing partners like Merrist Wood College and building relationships with new partners.
- Attention to detail and proof reading skills are essential.
- IT skills: Skilled in the use of all key Microsoft packages and use of digital technologies for public engagement.
- Experience coordinating and administering projects with demonstrable project coordination skills and knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively under own initiative and as part of a team, to work under pressure with positive attitude and also to enthuse and engage others. The role requires the post holder to work extensively across different departments and with external colleagues.
Due to the nature of the role, this post may be subject to a DBS check.
Hours per month:
5-20 recommended but it is at the discretion of the Community Engagement Liaison to set a working schedule that is manageable around other commitments. Additional time may be required based on the demands of the role, but unlikely to extend beyond the suggested hours.
You will be provided;
- With the option to run an ISF Community Twitter account, this will be used for interactions through social media,
- Provided a -@intsurreyfootball.co.uk email to sent and receive ISF related emails;
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a CV and covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org