International Surrey Football is seeking a new Director of Men’s Football following the resignation of Cameron Bishop, citing work commitments, the role will see a successful candidate work to preparing the Surrey men’s team for off the field matters ahead of their 2021 fixtures, currently involving 2 friendlies and the rescheduled 2021 Southern Frontier Cup.
Due to current restrictions and the upcoming holiday period no face to face interviews will be arranged at this stage, instead initial questions will be managed via email as a first stage process and a video/face to face interview will be arranged for early 2021.
An interested candidate should aim to commit 1-4 hours week in most cases in order to handle their regular workload, this may increase or decrease depending on fixture plans. The Director of Men’s Football will be expected to work with the Men’s team manager and President of ISF to determine the anticipated workload and discuss how this will be worked by everyone. As with all roles within International Surrey Football, this is a voluntary position.
A successful candidate will be expected to be involved in the following activities;
- Arrange venues for home fixtures,
- Notify players of plans,
- Arrange away game travel as necessary,
- Arrange collection of money from players as necessary,
- Contact ISF President and Men’s Manager on a semi-regular basis with updates,
- Serve as the first point of contact on matchdays,
- Ensure matchday requirements/tasks are completed on time,
- Provide assistance to ISF President and Men’s Manager when neccessary,
Tasks are not anticipated to prevent a successful candidate’s other work or personal commitments and task deadlines will be decided with personal commitments in mind. Typically tasks will be arranged with weeks or months to arrange to best promote a healthy work/life balance.
Most work will be complete remotely, but some on-site work will be expected, attendance on matchday is expected unless approved otherwise prior to matchday, and limited additional on-site plans and meetings may be made based on the required tasks.
You will be provided;
- Access to the ISF Men’s Twitter account, this will be used to interact with opposition teams and fans on social media,
- Provided a -@intsurreyfootball.co.uk email to sent and receive ISF related emails;
An applicant will have;
- Excellent IT and administration skills,
- Great verbal and written communication,
- Excellent organisation and a good eye for detail,
- Works well under pressure,
- Is able to problem-solve,
- Must have integrity and discretion when handling personal information,
- Deal with correspondence promptly,
- Self-motivated to complete and seek new tasks,
- Be based in or within a reasonable travel distance of Surrey,
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a CV and covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org