International Surrey Football is seeking a voluntary Commercial Director to investigate, create and develop new and existing commercial opportunities in ticketing, programmes, sponsorship and retail.
The role includes the implementation of a ticketing system for all Surrey home fixtures, working with Surrey programme designers JMA Programmes to develop the production of matchday programmes for all Surrey home fixtures.
The role will also involved investigating and working with existing sponsors to develop and create new sponsorship and marketing opportunities in order to bring a wider network of commercial partners to ensure financial feasibility for all Surrey teams and allow expansion of the International Surrey Football project.
The position is voluntary (as are all ISF roles), a candidate able to travel to and around Surrey to meet with potential sponsors is preferred but not a requirement, and a potential candidate will be subject to oversight from the Financial Director and General Secretary (Currently roles fulfilled by the ISF President).
Hours per week: 5-10 hours recommended; but it is at the discretion of the Director to set a working schedule that is manageable around other commitments.
The main tasks will be:
- Liaising with potential sponsors to ensure the solid financial status of International Surrey Football,
- Creating short, medium and long-term plans for the financial development of International Surrey Football,
- Implement and manage a ticketing system for use at all Surrey home fixtures,
- Work with JMA Programmes to provide a full funded programme for every Surrey home fixture,
- Investigate marketing, commercial and retail opportunities,
- Manage the @ISFCommercial Twitter account,
- You may also be asked to work with Surrey partners to develop their sponsorship and marketing,
When taking on this challenging role, the Commercial Director will be assisted by existing ISF volunteers and can create/expand their own team in order to distribute the workload as necessary.
- Knowledge of what International Surrey Football does,
- Strong skills and experience in regards marketing and sponsorship,
- Grant-writing/fund-raising skills,
- Able to work as part of a team and manage other people,
Benefits of your commitment:
- Free admission for all Surrey fixtures,
- Use of business email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Experience in marketing, sponsorship and sports administration
Enthusiasm an personal initiative are the most important requirements for this role. We understand that, as a voluntary position, the Director will need to balance paid work commitments and we are completely flexible in terms of working hours.
Target start date is Summer 2019, but this can be brought forward based on your availability.
Please email a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to become the Commercial Director to email@example.com
International Surrey Football is dedicated to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.